Re: [Healeys] Eagle Low Drag EType GT.

To: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>, Derek Job <derek.c.job@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Eagle Low Drag EType GT.
From: Tom Felts <tomfelts@windstream.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 7:49:50 -0500
Cc: Healey <healeys@autox.team.net>
With my shoes on I am a wee bit over 6', and I fit nicely in my E and my
Healey-----even with the top up.  The E allows you to slouch down in a
comfortable "U" shape----although some want to sit with their back firmly glued
to the seatback which will -- if you are tall--kinda make you sit higher than
the windshield.  Rocker is no problem at all---there is a way to get into these
cars ---step in with the right leg--slide leg to a straight position,
sit---pull left leg over sill ---done.

I love having the Healey and the E, and like Alan says, one works better in
some cases than others---the Healey is more fun on the real twisties, but get
the Jag out on the open road and let her go, and my what a feeling---nothing
like the thrill of sitting on 50 and stepping down to 80 in an instant.

We also have a Spitfire----------now-------what can I say about that?  Starts
better than the Healey or the Jag:)  Loads of fun.

Cheers
tom
---- Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com> wrote:

my only complaint with the e-Type is I'm a taller fella (6'1")  and I feel
odd sitting even taller in the E-type than my BN1.  I think the e-Type
works best if you're 5'11" or shorter, but it does seem a bit open
otherwise... plus getting my feet over the rocker is only slightly better
than trying to jam myself into a Lotus or Tesla.  I do love the cars, but
honestly I still think the Healey handles and brakes better. e-Type loves
the freeway more.