Re: [Healeys] Camshaft/crank sprockets

To: Elton Schulz <eschulz@frontiernet.net>, healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Camshaft/crank sprockets
From: richard mayor <mayorrichard@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2013 01:43:00 +0000
Elton,
You are correct.  The keyways must be in the 12 o'cock position.  If you are
reading the workshop manual you should also see a picture of the cam and crank
sprockets.  While modern timing chains do not have the two "bright links" as
described in the manual, you can still use the photo to count the number of
links between the dimples to get it right.  There are 13 full links between
the dimples.  Be very careful and study the picture closely.  It is very easy
to get things off by even one-half of a link...which is one tooth off.   One
tooth off and you will have changed the cam timing by 6 degrees.
Richard Mayor

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/mayorrichard@hotmail.com