[Healeys] Original leather interior, what was leather, what was vinyl

To: <jjsandsms@cs.com>
Subject: [Healeys] Original leather interior, what was leather, what was vinyl
From: "Peter Svilans" <peter.svilans@rogers.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 14:09:18 -0500
Cc: healeys@autox.team.net
Hello jjs

The optional leather interior was very rarely seen over here in North
America on export cars, mostly on home market cars.  Many cars are being
done in leather nowdays because it was "optional" in the printed literature,
but historically it wasn't like that.  The ICI "Ambla" vinyl was actually a
very good quality expanded vinyl which has stood up better than the leather
has many years on.

The following are listed as Optional Extras in the BJ8 Parts List:

- Seat assembly - AHB6575- in red, blue, black or grey (Pale. Actually more
of a parchment colour).  As mentioned, seat faces only, vinyl backs,
matching colour piping, not chrome silver.

- Armrest - AHB 6909- same colours and piping as above

- Rear seat pan - AHB 6200- same colours and piping as above

-Rear seat squab - AHB 6799- same colours and piping as above.  Not square
pattern like the stock vinyl, but vertical pleats to match pleats on seats
and pans.

The rest of the interior was vinyl as per stock.

Tops and tonneaus were in Everflex, a British made special weatherproof  PVC
hooding material in a shallow leather-type grain and a grey cloth backing.
The top bows were painted a matching grey to blend in.  Wood millwork on the
bows was trimmed in a thin pale cream leathercloth  (non-stretch vinyl).

Best regards
Peter