Re: [Healeys] Cylinders

To: Simon Atkinson <satkinson1974@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Cylinders
From: Richard Ewald <richard.ewald@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 21:41:33 -0800
Cc: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Funny story about cylinder numbering. I was working in a foreign car parts
house in the early 80s.  Guy comes first thing Sat AM buys everything for an
MG tune up.  Points, plugs, condenser, cap, rotor, wires. Says to me what is
the firing order?
1-3-4-2 I reply
Guy leaves
2 hours later phone rings
"What did you say the firing order was?"
1-3-4-2
Thanks
Hour later phone rings again
"I known you will think I'm an idiot, but could I have that firing order one
more time?"
Sure it's 1-3-4-2
About 3PM guy comes in looking like hell. It is obvious he has had a ROUGH
day
"I'm still having trouble with that MG." He said "Can you spare a minute?"
Sure
"The cylinder closest to the radiator is #1 right?
Yes it is
"Ok, the next cylinder back is #3 right???"
Sir I think I know the problem. <VBG>

Sent from my iPhone

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/richard.ewald@gmail.com