Re: [Healeys] Cold Air Duct Washer

To: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>, Patrick & Caroline Quinn <p_cquinn@tpg.com.au>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Cold Air Duct Washer
From: <healeyguy@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 15:08:10 +0000
The blanking plates on the air box inside the cockpit and the engine bay, the
ones around the steering column,  use a thin felt gasket/washer. I thought that
the tube you are asking about had a similar gasket.  But with the screen that
Mike mentioned the felt gasket may not have accomplished much. One of the
little details I have forgotten.....

Aloha

Perry

Sent from Windows Mail

From: Patrick & Caroline Quinn

G'day

I am about to refit the engine bay cold air duct back to the BN3. I am
referring to the short metal round tube that the Kopex tubing attaches and
runs to behind the grille in the 100s and NOT a cold air duct to the
carburettors.

Does anyone know if the metal tube bolts metal to metal to the firewall or
is there some form of round gasket in between?
Hoo Roo
Patrick Quinn
Blue Mountains, Australia