Re: [Healeys] Start up after rebuild

To: Chris Dimmock <austin.healey@gmail.com>, Simon Atkinson <satkinson1974@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Start up after rebuild
From: <michaelsalter@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 15:22:45 +0000
Cc: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Hi Chris, Happy New Year.

Just to clear up any confusion over that distributor cap thing.

I believe I'm correct in saying that some (not sure if all) BJ7 Healeys with
the Lucas 40920A distributor (pre BJ8) used the same distributor cap as the
Wolseley 6/99 and 6/110.

Most suppliers miss that detail.

You are quite correct in that that cap can be used in place of the BJ8 cap
(17H8844) but the wires will point away from #1 cylinder rather than toward it.

Michael S

BN1 #174