Re: [Healeys] No Activity

To: Bob Haskell <rchaskell@earthlink.net>, STEPHEN CUSS <stephen.j.cuss@btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] No Activity
From: Curtis Arndt <cnaarndt@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 13:57:28 -0800
Cc: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Bob & Stephen,

The wrench size is 9/16" W (Whitworth) which is also a listed as a 5/8" BSF
(British Standard Fine).  A far as the threads go, they should be a
Whitworth Thread Form, possibly BSP (British Standard Pipe). I haven't been
able to check the threads per inch, but others have stated they're a 3/4"
and 14 tpi which corresponds to BSP (Parallel).  This was measured and
confirmed on my NOS 100 oil pan.

However you're not going to find this size nut at any hardware store, it's
a special fastener and you'll have to find a used one, or have one cu$tom
machined, unless of course one of the AH suppliers has them.

Remember my warning about using 60 degree thread forms in a 55 degree
Whitworth applications, lest you want to be known as a future (HFDPO) Ham
Fisted Dreaded Previous Owner

I'd be interested in what Moss has to say.

Cheers,

Curt