Re: [Healeys] Starter Question

Subject: Re: [Healeys] Starter Question
From: Wilko2 <e-wilkins@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 09:50:42 -0800
Cc: Ahealey help <healeys@autox.team.net>
Yes the sound is very different. But hey, it's out of sight, and once the car
is running, you don't hear itit's job is done. They are easier on the
battery. They don't require any permanent change to the car. They save some
weight.

There was recently a set of Weber carbs from a Healey conversion on ebay and
the seller cited the sound as the main reason he was selling them.

Rick

On Jan 15, 2014, at 5:23 AM, Thomas Willig wrote:

> ..on top, I encounter also that some friends want to get rid of  their
reduction starter and go back  to the good old Lucas unit, because they found
out that their cars sound like Honda/Mazda/Toyota  when starting. In my BN2, I
have a rebuild starter motor, which performs faultlessly. I would never fit
one of these modern replacements..