[Healeys] County Water Pumps

To: healeylist <healeys@autox.team.net> s=q20140121; t=1401710508; bh=thjzKqUUEW+51oOQEMeqregDxq7WwgUsPnqUzvdvkBA=; h=Received:Received:Message-ID:Date:From:MIME-Version:To:Subject: Content-Type; b=FCuI1VbB4FqKK2bZXl+ZhsxTEkPpGQjoSX9fM2g+cmxyvT28pFaKJj84cH+01roVJ 5f+12kzaljnldSHsQQJU2xfiq4kI87ZmNmxn1gbD9kNWOylObFThpSzS2WGUSZVkyY sIa6VTvHkkPGFTHGqE/BtiIULeyfHFw9BvrKIcjY99k5BzxqYH0akz8pAZZUQyAclS hEG4ZGUm1aXeRmP5obfpxxep8mhrfSIxAXY3aougrkNP1uMq2Fs196/48jzrGeQJI7 hU18iO0WAaN3UP2L/mhY8yHe0ZizpGnlvkNM5E4AZ6yrqZamCEb0YrQKA/AO7dypxc 1G2F+3HTZpYgA==
Subject: [Healeys] County Water Pumps
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2014 05:01:40 -0700
OK, we know they have some issues, but ...

Blew a pump in Green River, WY (looks like its seal flat gave out).   Had Moss
overnight a new County brand pump and
installed it in a motel parking lot.  As soon as I tried to start the engine
the pump's shaft fractured, sending the fan
into the radiator and piercing a couple tubes.

Overnighted a second pump and new radiator from Moss. The second pump arrived
in two pieces; the shaft was fractured in
about the same way and location.  We had to rent a Uhaul van and auto transport
and trailer the car from Wyoming to the
Bay Area (about 1,000 miles).  Total bill will be over $1,500 when it's all
said and done, and I still don't have a
serviceable water pump. I'll send the radiator--for which I was charged
$900--back to Moss and (hopefully) get my
original one repaired.

We drove for 11 hrs straight from Green River, WY to my girlfriend's house in
Reno on Friday, then from Reno to San Jose
today.  It was touch-and-go getting the van and trailer and getting them
returned; Uhaul's business hours are not
particularly accommodating.  If it wasn't for an extremely friendly and helpful
innkeeper in Green River, and a couple
of Uhaul people that went out of their way for us we'd still be sitting in WY
without a paddle.

I had requested Moss to thoroughly check out the second pump before sending;
they sent a piece of shit in an obviously
damaged box that was already broken in two.  When I talked to sales/cust.
service they inspected the other 5 on the
shelf and, according to them, they all looked like returns and may well be
defective in the same way. Needless to say I
will be having some 'energetic' conversations with Moss over the coming days.
Their 'customer service' guy appears to
be ignoring my calls and messages.

'Forewarned is forearmed.'

Bob