Re: [Healeys] spacers behind the wheel hub?

To: "Jerry Costanzo" <grumpyinloomis@ssctv.net>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] spacers behind the wheel hub?
From: "teamhealeytexas" <fredcrowley@teamhealeytexas.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 18:53:56 -0500 {sentby:smtp auth 71.41.225.122 authed with fredcrowley@teamhealeytexas.com}
I've used aluminum spacers behind the hubs of my '62 3000 BT7 race car for
20 years, for exactly the reason cited. I used to run 195x65 Yokohama
A008RS. On hard cornering they would rub the inside wheel wheel. When
Yokohama stopped making those tires, I switched to Hoosier Speedsters
205x60. No trouble rubbing the wheel well with the spacers, and my rear
tires don't extend beyond the edge of the fender. Obviously the outside tire
wall is further out than a more stock sized tire, but even with the
Speedsters, the sidewalls are flush with the fender edge using the 5/16
spacers.

Y'all take care, eh?
Fred Crowley
Team Healey Texas