Re: [Healeys] oil vent filter

To: "I Erbs" <eyera3@gmail.com>, "Healeys, Forum" <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] oil vent filter
From: "josef-eckert@t-online.de" <josef-eckert@t-online.de>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2014 21:37:40 +0200
This is not normal!!

I suspect too much oil unter the rocker cover. Your rocker shaft may need an
overhaul.

Josef Eckert

-----Original-Nachricht-----
Betreff: [Healeys] oil vent filter
Datum: Wed, 02 Jul 2014 21:33:20 +0200
Von: I Erbs <eyera3@gmail.com>
An: Ahealey help <healeys@autox.team.net>

Howdy all,
 I put a K&N vent filter on the T pipe on top of my valve cover. I have
expereinced a lot of oil mist condensation all over the engine bay. Good
news, nothing will rust, bad news I have oil all over the engine bay. Is
this due to high crankcase pressure or is this a normal, negative
consequence? The filter looks great, but the oil is a  major issue. I have
aftermarket K&N filters with no hose nipple to attach to the air filter. Am
I special or have other dealt with this issue?
Ira Erbs
IT Teacher
and Consultant
Portland, OR