Re: [Healeys] oil vent filter

To: I Erbs <eyera3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] oil vent filter
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 20:07:15 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Thread-index: afhjGi0AU//88t/WomA2l2yqCEVQ7A== s=q20140121; t=1404331635; bh=aRoMKDcNmFOPl7wpkdIxxa1+Fp/t5bi7rHgIz3+dRH4=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=kp85YMA2LprXBNFk2akC9jX6dYc2LFV+ot64lIf7YF3N5Ej/6BlUMcmBw9o2Jm1jC CAEKlARLNRaKcWFq8x9j7dteVcYP2OSa/WBsweNPZQs8FfxicKArLguJZckh7IuLHN 5dTokdrC2buLo3sCuNgoE9qhdsmgPZPhBDPulos1IA7DBwZcDFeI3/+G6d6rDDcePn Qez39PsdoQaKdUKSkQ98ejvEA3LVkB08RJXhD2KbQ1uPAzmhz1qd35gBFn2lt5m/ka LOJqWpwrsQL09igMAr3ppVwzcHxpDVcvDviSZkj3AAStRPJKco7j+HQnDq3uTomKhq DMXXCUBC+jIvg==
Probably blow-by blasting oil from under the valve cover. I presume you're
using the filter bass-ackwards of how it was intended; i.e. to stop oil going
out instead of filtering air going in?

I installed a PCV valve when I put K&N filters on my BJ8. Been glad ever since
I did it--lower oil consumption and less leaking from the rear mean 'seal.' BCS
has a kit (at least, they used to).

Bob

Howdy all,
I put a K&N vent filter on the T pipe on top of my valve cover. I have
expereinced a lot of oil mist condensation all over the engine bay. Good
news, nothing will rust, bad news I have oil all over the engine bay. Is
this due to high crankcase pressure or is this a normal, negative
consequence? The filter looks great, but the oil is a major issue. I have
aftermarket K&N filters with no hose nipple to attach to the air filter. Am
I special or have other dealt with this issue?
Ira Erbs
IT Teacher
and Consultant
Portland, OR

bMoney may not buy happiness, but I'd rather cry in a Jaguar than on a
bus.b
b FranC'oise Sagan
<https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1357577.Fran_oise_Sagan>