Re: [Healeys] How could this be?

To: "I Erbs" <eyera3@gmail.com>, "Ahealey help" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] How could this be?
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2014 13:35:06 -0500
"Later in the day she double checked her receipt and noted the wrong oil was
indicated."

truly incredible story, the wife a) looked at the receipt from the shop, and
b) knew the wrong oil had been used?

Sorry couldn't help it, and my wife is a wonderful gal who helps me bleed
brakes and such, but I am quite sure she has no clue as to what the correct
oil is for her Honda.

Can't imagine how "the wrong motor oil" could ruin an engine in such a short
time, it might increase wear over time, only possible theory I can think of
that might make it true (I still don't think it is), modern engines are
designed to run on very thin oil, as thin as 0w-20, could a heavyweight oil
such as a 20w-50 be so thick as to not penetrate or flow into some of the
tight clearances, resulting in oil starvation?

Greg Lemon