Re: [Healeys] Overdrive wiring confusion

To: "'Brian Drab'" <bgdrab@eastlink.ca>, <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Overdrive wiring confusion
From: "Mike Garvey" <r3m1g4@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 18:21:22 -0400
Brian,
This does not answer your question, but there is a non-intrusive, low level
troubleshooting test that you can do that will tell you if part/most of the
electrical aspects of the OD are working. With the ignition on, but the
engine not running put the transmission in third or fourth; turn on the OD
switch. You should hear a solenoid click.  If not, there are likely
electrical problems.  If yes, the problem is more likely mechanical by
process of elimination.
Mike

Michael Garvey
1967 BJ8/38046