Re: [Healeys] exhaust popping

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] exhaust popping
From: HealeyRick <healeyrik@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 11:37:36 -0400
Cc: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
I think a low restriction exhaust with less back pressure is more likely to
pop as well as a car with a hotter camshaft.  My bugeye has long center
branch headers, a fast road camshaft and what BMC called their "competition
muffler" and sounds just like the bugeye racers I recall from Lime Rock.
It's like a bowl of Rice Krispies with all the snaps, crackles and pops.
And the Nasty Boy?  Really low restriction exhaust and hotter cam.  Sounds
gorgeous on the overrun.