Re: [Healeys] more questions on the right tires for a 67 BJ8

To: JOHN BAHE SR <johnbahesr@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] more questions on the right tires for a 67 BJ8
From: 'bluehealey' <bluehealey@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 22:02:59 +0000
Cc: healeylist <healeys@autox.team.net>
It is a fair point you make John.
I had to remove the wooden block from the rear bulkhead to get the spare under
the boot lid. That is because although the tyre diameter is very close to an
original 5.90 size the width on my my 5" rims is greater.
But then the appearance in the wheel arch was more important to me than the
appearance in the boot <grin>.

AlanB - iPhone message.

> On 7 Nov 2014, at 19:54, JOHN BAHE SR <johnbahesr@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The picture sure tells a story, but I wonder if this tire could possibly fit
in the trunk (boot) as intended.  I have a 1966 BJ8 that has Dayton 60 spoke
rims that are 41/2 inches wide;  the tires are 165x15 F560 Firestones that are
25.43 inches in diameter.  This tire fits the trunk in the correct location
just barely.  The 180x15 tire is 26.80 in diameter and wider than the
Firestone.  I do not see how this tire that is 1 inch larger in diameter could
fit the boot location as intended.  If it does not make any difference if this
larger tire fits the boot than I am sure it is a great choice !!

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/johnbahesr@gmail.com