[Healeys] Oil pressure

To: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Oil pressure
From: Darin Graber <dkgraber85@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 02:11:53 +0000 (UTC)
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s2048; d=yahoo.com; b=rfCE/pw0xTTUvyVC6tEFRHqNjyhI90yllU1H+OSfc9JZ3KwqWKaot7p3/36MofUn/Py+qmROnF/UQWEAI3X9rxaoj4SHoBEN6E5yd+vgGQgDZejlaJC1ZO9Qj9nUFIMqTOT6QFNVnyIKNv2gj28GImRKQKsSoWMjnhEmVIbLeokcbvnZxPzAsnmHJJXSHQgPc2s0Ml4kS5EerMbQ7kOccuhqCSnh+SJ1Rd4oj9zgRbhlb3+c7jNmK86xW6nd5lN0QW1vj8/+nAVZ/5iRVxa7oREX17iwtFwYDxYEZl3oHQyS2dWv+07we6+6jdG+zb+Nf8zqJOyvJ7paFcwo733mlg==;
Hello to the group -
I am putting a '57 100-6 back together. B I did not rebuild the motor as the
compression was good and the engine ran well before I tore the car down for
rust repair. B It did sit for about a year and the only work I did do on the
engine itself was resealing and painting the block during this time. B I did
rebuild the carbs, dizzy, and converted it to neg ground with an alternator.
After installing the brand new harness, the engine just wants to spring to
life - problem is I have no oil pressure showing at the gauge. B I am going
through the checklist and can't seem to crack this one. B
I figured that sitting for this amount of time would have allowed the oil to
completely drain out of the pump, and I have taken out the oil pressure relief
valve and pour some oil in as per something I read online. B Is this even a
possibility?
Anyway, any info or suggestions would be very helpful. B Thanks!
Darin GraberBN4L-O-42288