Re: [Healeys] Overdrive drain plug

To: Simon Lachlan <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>, Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Overdrive drain plug
From: Quentin Schweninger <quenty2@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 20:13:59 -0500
Simon, I made a wrench. tomorrow I can dig it out and trace it with
dimensions
 I could loan it to you but it would probably cost more to ship than sawing
one out on a bandsaw.

Dave & Daisy  BN7 II

On Dec 16, 2014, at 8:10 AM, Simon Lachlan wrote:

I have a MkII BT7 with the big flat brass plug with square cut-outs.

So, I'm trying to find a tool off the shelf to facilitate the plug's
removal.

Grovelling, flat on my back with my arm extended into the oily darkness, I
measure its width at +/- 68.5mm or 3 and 11/16inches.

Does anyone know its precise size or does anyone have one accessible and be
kind enough to measure it for me?

Incidentally, the discovering the correct name of the tool that I was
seeking initially made my task difficult. It transpires that what I, at
least, am looking for is apparently called a "Hook wrench" or, less often, a
"C-spanner". Now, those terms are apparently what we use in the
UK........what you other guys call them is your own affair!

Simon

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/quenty2@gmail.com