Re: [Healeys] Healey Related - Who is Wayne Carrini

To: Graeme Molony <molony@dodo.com.au>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healey Related - Who is Wayne Carrini
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 04:44:51 -0800
References: <33B8A980223C4F6292A95A34DB215656@msiallinone> s=q20140121; t=1418906697; bh=ZScWJDTxEKToQD0QoCKc+JqtvZje5bLCMQeoJp4YG+c=; h=Received:Received:Message-ID:Date:From:MIME-Version:To:Subject: Content-Type; b=jdjbv+75eeArmsW15UunMhXqbvhsc/hDCrrDvLoPU4ZncKcNFJYjBpq9f87MJt7EV ZDgRQfFvCbbMfXu9CE3zG3AXmX9/z7KJrPwmtKz+4VjVuEaNwvrN2dvINGVvR0HboS 1n2oViB3rjhIpBmhjyFUK9KtCEZlDSkwfBfR58W7GMSlx1bqOki2eNgj02j5so/Sni W6KIZjs8vS7DX05MKV4SjDvuY9lZS2lJBozyzWZTWu/etE04teBg/rmu+GO5PMwcdC rMhZS6s+CkLhJL2gC/Md+97a1AznoVf71AprMMG07TGSqj8lTugiboDqushYI+5ZJK bVWlHECffg2HA==
'Chasing Classic Cars' is hosted by Wayne Carini.  This show is one of the
first, if not the first, of about a million
similar shows now on cable, including 'Fast and Loud' and 'The Car
Chasers'--which usually features quickie resto-mods
of older muscle cars--and another one very similar to 'Chasing' that I haven't
seen for a while.  There is one based in
Toronto called 'Classic Car Rescue,' one in Miami and one based in Arizona, I
think, in a junkyard. The best show, IMO,
is 'Wheeler Dealers,' which stars a couple of Brits, one named Edd China who
does repairs on cars bought by his partner
and who is actually very informative in the mechanical sense.  Most of the
others are non-'reality' shows which feature
the outsized personalities of the 'stars' more than the cars.  'Dealers' may
pre-date the others, as I've seen shows
dated as early as 2010.  These shows--new ones come on all the time--have
flourished along with recent popularity of car
auctions; Barret Jackson was the first to 'hit it big' I think.  It seems
finding and 'flipping'--I hate that term--cars
is now big business.

Anyway, Carini did indeed find a very low mileage factory 100M (red/black).
AFAIK, there have been no follow-up shows
and he hasn't sold the car.  I suspect it will be in a later episode; a new
season has either just started or will be
starting soon. Carini is a legitimate dealer/broker who has been in the
business for a long time; his father apparently
was a mechanic/restorer himself.

Cheers,
Bob