Re: [Healeys] fuel gauge stuck on full

Subject: Re: [Healeys] fuel gauge stuck on full
From: Wilko2 <e-wilkins@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 10:54:19 -0800
Cc: Healey list <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>

--Apple-Mail-1-819511442

Jerky readings are typical a fuel sloshes around.

Leaky float will give low readings=20

Stuck float lever can cause whatever reading it's stuck at. Usually high =
readings as fuel lifting force is stronger than float weight pushing =
down. Fuel lifts it then it just stays up there.

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/rjcapo1@yahoo.com
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/e-wilkins@cox.net
>=20

--Apple-Mail-1-819511442

-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space; =
"><div>Jerky readings are typical a fuel sloshes =
whatever reading it's stuck at. Usually high readings as fuel lifting =
force is stronger than float weight pushing down. Fuel lifts it then it =
href=3D"mailto:rjcapo1@yahoo.com";>rjcapo1@yahoo.com</a> wrote:</div><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><blockquote type=3D"cite"><span =
style=3D"font-family: Arial;">Could be that the float has a hole in it =
and is full of ga<br><br>Sent from my HTC One=99 X, an AT&amp;T 4G LTE =
href=3D"mailto:jmsdarch@sbcglobal.net";>jmsdarch@sbcglobal.net</a>&gt;<br>T=
o: "'Ross'" &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:rvmaylor@shaw.ca";>rvmaylor@shaw.ca</a>&gt;<br>Cc: &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:healeys@Autox.Team.Net";>healeys@Autox.Team.Net</a>&gt;<br>S=
ubject: [Healeys] fuel gauge stuck on full<br>Date: Tue, Dec 23, 2014 =
gauge adjustment. There are two coils inside<br>the gauge that control =
the position of needle based on the electrical signal<br>from the =
sender. They can be adjusted but it has never fully fixed the<br>problem =
for me. My gauge is jerky and will read full and then jump to the<br>low =
end. It is compounded by the fuel sloshing around in the tank =
which<br>causes erratic readings. There are some links on John Sim's =
href=3D"http://www.healey6.com/technical.htm";>http://www.healey6.com/techn=
Message-----<br>From: Bob Spidell [mailto:bspidell@comcast.net] =
healeys@Autox.Team.Net<br>Subject: Re: [Healeys] Thanks to the =
list<br><br>Most likely an issue with the sender. Start by checking the =
ground =
donation &nbsp;$12.75<br>Archive: http://www.team.net/archive<br>Forums: =
eam.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys<br><br>Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/rjcapo1@yahoo.com<br><br>___=

--Apple-Mail-1-819511442--