[Healeys] Girling Brake Servo Rebuild

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Girling Brake Servo Rebuild
From: "R. Cobb" <rcobb@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 11:50:35 -0700
In anticipation of rebuilding my Girling Servo (I did it successfully
30+ years ago), and after reading some archival tips (going as far back
as the early 1990's), I have ordered the dry film lube from Sandstrom.

Their #26A product has evolved to the current #28A formulation.  The
data sheet for the dry film lube indicates the following directives:

"Application on aluminum and aluminum alloys. Pre-clean the aluminum
surface with aliphatic naphtha or any other EPA compliant cleaner that
sufficiently cleans surfaces to pass ASTM F22. Sulfuric acid anodize IAW
MIL-A-8625 and seal the surface."

Sandstrom's tech support director has been out all week at an industry
conference, so I've not been able to determine if, given the application
in question, the involved protocol is essential.

Any input from others who have successfully used this, or its
predecessor, product, regarding surface preparation?

By the way, when I spoke with sales and indicated I was interested in
using their product in relation to the restoration of a vintage British
auto, the salesperson said, "Oh, an Austin-Healey?"

Thanks in advance.

Bob