Re: [Healeys] MGB GT V8

To: britfan1@epix.net, Simon Lachlan <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>, 'healeys' <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] MGB GT V8
From: Peter Dzwig <pdzwig@summaventures.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2015 14:06:32 +0100
I had a white one for a few years. Many fond memories.

They go like stink. Think about it, they have the 3.5 litre BOLD
(Buick-Oldsmobile-Leyland-Dodge) engine that has been used in so many
things it's impossible to list. It produced about 135bhp in standard
trim, but there are many around that put out a bit more (quite a bit
more). Basically it is the early Range Rover engine in an MGB coupe
body. Great fun. Good torque. Thoroughly recommended.

I don't have my reference books with me but I believe that a few may
have been exported to the US, but incoming emissions regs did for them.

Don't confuse it with the C which never really worked.

Peter