Re: [Healeys] lucas 576 fog light wiring

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] lucas 576 fog light wiring
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2015 14:47:15 +0200
--===============6062507990821906668==
 boundary="------------080702090501000309000207"

--------------080702090501000309000207

Googling is a very useful exercise:

http://www.accessconnect.com/fog_driving_lights_wiring.htm

Make up a harness yourself but do not use black only wires.
Black for earth connections
Browns for live wires directly from the battery
Yellow from switch to relay
Red/white from relay to lights
Green from the source for the switch to the switch

In the first diagram the switch is connected to the low beam (green
wire) which means you can only have the fog lights on when the the low
beams are on. I prefer to connect the switch to the town light so you
can switch on the fog light with any lights on. Some times low beams
reflect the light back towards you in dense fog and blind you. If you
switch them of and run the lower positioned fog lights this effect is
much less. Position the fog lights as low as practically possible,
without the danger of hitting curbstones, sleeping policemen etc.

If you want to fit spot lights you will have to connect the switch to
the high beam only, so the spot lights can only be switched on in
combination with the high beams to prevent blinding of oncoming traffic
when you switch to low beam. This is obligatory in many countries. Spot
lights are best positioned higher up to increase the field of vision and
diminish unlit area's on the ground

Kees Oudesluijs

Mitch schreef op 7-6-2015 om 13:27:
> Hello
> I need info. on the BEST way to wire a set of lucas 576 fog
> lights.....on my 66 BJ8.
> is there a supplier who sells a correct harness?
> I am not a electrician so the best and easiest way with schematic
> would be greatly appreciated
> I guess I should use relays too
> Thanks
> Mitch

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/coudesluijs@chello.nl
>

> Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
> Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com>
> Versie: 2015.0.5961 / Virusdatabase: 4355/9964 - datum van uitgifte:
> 06/07/15

--------------080702090501000309000207

  <head>
  </head>
      <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.accessconnect.com/fog_driving_lights_wiring.htm";>http://www.accessconnect.com/fog_driving_lights_wiring.htm</a><br>
      Make up a harness yourself but do not use black only wires.<br>
      Black for earth connections<br>
      Browns for live wires directly from the battery<br>
      Yellow from switch to relay<br>
      Red/white from relay to lights<br>
      Green from the source for the switch to the switch<br>
      In the first diagram the switch is connected to the low beam
      (green wire) which means you can only have the fog lights on when
      the the low beams are on. I prefer to connect the switch to the
      town light so you can switch on the fog light with any lights on.
      Some times low beams reflect the light back towards you in dense
      fog and blind you. If you switch them of and run the lower
      positioned fog lights this effect is much less. Position the fog
      lights as low as practically possible, without the danger of
      hitting curbstones, sleeping policemen etc.<br>
      If you want to fit spot lights you will have to connect the switch
      to the high beam only, so the spot lights can only be switched on
      in combination with the high beams to prevent blinding of oncoming
      traffic when you switch to low beam. This is obligatory in many
      countries. Spot lights are best positioned higher up to increase
      the field of vision and diminish unlit area's on the ground <br>
      Kees Oudesluijs<br>
      Mitch schreef op 7-6-2015 om 13:27:<br>
      cite="mid:92238043.34176219.1433676463538.JavaMail.zimbra@comcast.net"
      type="cite">
          lights.....on my 66 BJ8.</div>
          schematic  would be greatly appreciated</div>
      <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________
href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/forums";>http://www.team.net/forums</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:Healeys@autox.team.net";>Healeys@autox.team.net</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys";>http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

</pre>
        Gecontroleerd door AVG - <a moz-do-not-send="true"
          href="http://www.avg.com";>www.avg.com</a><br>
        Versie: 2015.0.5961 / Virusdatabase: 4355/9964 - datum van
        uitgifte: 06/07/15</p>

--------------080702090501000309000207--