Re: [Healeys] Core plugs seaping on a 3000

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Core plugs seaping on a 3000
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 17:38:15 +0200
--===============6927052206841925159==
 boundary="------------020801040501060401050704"

--------------020801040501060401050704

If the leak is not to serious it will.
But do not forget to flush the system truly and properly asap when
permanent repairs have been carried out.
Kees Oudesluijs

Simon Lachlan schreef op 24-6-2015 om 17:26:

> Hi,
>
> I?m losing a little coolant ? say 1 pint per 200 miles ? from a pair
> of core plugs. (The two rear ones under the manifolds).
>
> No way to access them from above and I very much doubt if it can be
> done from below though I haven?t looked. I?ve got Webers and a big
> bore 6 branch so there?s not much room.
>
> OK, I?ll have to strip out the Webers and drop the exhaust; that?s a
> given. And, at the same time, I can do a few other little things.
>
> BUT, but....I don?t want to do it now. Not just when what we
> optimistically call our summer is just beginning.
>
> I hope to keep an eye on the loss and last it out until autumn.
> (Usually summer starts in June and autumn starts about a week later so
> I may not have much time).
>
> I was thinking of putting some Radweld or similar magic goo into the
> coolant. I know it?s fairly effective in radiators.....might it work
> on the core plugs?
>
> Simon

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/coudesluijs@chello.nl
>

> Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
> Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com>
> Versie: 2015.0.6037 / Virusdatabase: 4365/10088 - datum van uitgifte:
> 06/24/15

--------------020801040501060401050704

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
      If the leak is not to serious it will.<br>
      But do not forget to flush the system truly and properly asap
      when permanent repairs have been carried out.<br>
      Kees Oudesluijs<br>
      Simon Lachlan schreef op 24-6-2015 om 17:26:<br>
      cite="mid:002701d0ae92$2dbe9f70$893bde50$@lachlan@homecall.co.uk"
      type="cite">
        charset=us-ascii">
        medium)">
          per 200 miles ? from a pair of core plugs. (The two rear ones
          under the manifolds).</p>
          much doubt if it can be done from below though I haven?t
          looked. I?ve got Webers and a big bore 6 branch so there?s not
          much room.</p>
          drop the exhaust; that?s a given. And, at the same time, I can
          do a few other little things.</p>
          just when what we optimistically call our summer is just
          beginning.</p>
          it out until autumn. (Usually summer starts in June and autumn
          starts about a week later so I may not have much time).</p>
          similar magic goo into the coolant. I know it?s fairly
          effective in radiators.....might it work on the core plugs?</p>
      <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________
href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/forums";>http://www.team.net/forums</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:Healeys@autox.team.net";>Healeys@autox.team.net</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys";>http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

</pre>
        charset=us-ascii">
        Gecontroleerd door AVG - <a moz-do-not-send="true"
          href="http://www.avg.com";>www.avg.com</a><br>
        Versie: 2015.0.6037 / Virusdatabase: 4365/10088 - datum van
        uitgifte: 06/24/15</p>

--------------020801040501060401050704--