[Healeys] Brake Servo

To: healeys@autox.team.net, goldengt@cal.net
Subject: [Healeys] Brake Servo
From: "R. Cobb" <rcobb@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 18:17:59 -0700
Ken,

Coincidentally, we met last weekend at the Bay Model meeting and this
week I also had to tackle a recalcitrant control valve piston plug.  It
was a challenge, but I was eventually able to shift the plug adequately
to get a putty knife under the edge and free it.

The technique that I found required the use of a couple probes with the
short bent portion of differing lengths and angles.  I found that large
common nails (of the specified 1/8" dia.) were appropriate to the task.
I used them in the manner of a pile driver or slide hammer, gradually
advancing the piston/plug over time (several minutes).  Simple levering,
as the rebuild kit instructions suggest, produced inadequate results.

After successful disassembly, I found no corrosion present.

Good luck.

Bob

Message: 1