Re: [Healeys] rear springs on BJ8

To: per@schoerner.se, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] rear springs on BJ8
From: llennep@verizon.net
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2015 11:22:44 -0500 (CDT)
The thought just occurred to me - does one side or the other get more torqueing
from the axle on acceleration and deceleration?

Keith

On 08/02/15, Per Schoerner wrote:

Hi
The spring fittings should NOT be lubricated for movement. To protect
them from rusting is OK. The nuts should be tightened firmly. The
movement happens in the rubber bushes, and in the rear shackle chassi
end, I'm sure you have a grease nipple there. Quite possible that is
seized by now, but check it and you will see.
It is my experience that tells my that the left front fitting is the one
that creates problems, it sits right above the exhaust, snd it gets wet,
warm, dry, wet, warm, cold, and sooner or later it will rust to one
piece. And as someone mentioned, don't waste time to get it loose. If
you can't get it loose in the first five minutes, you will never get it
loose.

Best, Per

My question, was I