Re: [Healeys] Ignition Circuit problem

To: kingr44916@aol.com, Forum <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Ignition Circuit problem
From: Derek Job <derek.c.job@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2015 13:07:20 +0100

--001a113492b8d1b38c051c7b20bf

Problem solved!

I have an FIA battery cut off switch on the left side of my dashboard. When
messing with the wiper motor I dislodged one of the wires that inserts the
cut off switch between the ignition and coil.

For future reference I now know those open circuits aren't a problem.

Derek

On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 12:32 PM, <kingr44916@aol.com> wrote:

> Check the battery cut off switch make sure it's on look at the fuse and
> see if it's okwith a test light turn the key on and trace the power .When
> you turn the key on is the fuel pump working

v style=3D"">For future reference I now know those open circuits aren&#39;t=
015 at 12:32 PM,  <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:kingr44916@aol.co=
e class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc sol=
id;padding-left:1ex"><font color=3D"black" size=3D"2" face=3D"arial">
e and see if it&#39;s okwith a test light turn the key on and trace the pow=
er .When you turn the key on is the fuel pump working</div>

Guys, I am busy repairing my car after my &#39;off&#39;. I had to take the =
wings and shroud off for some metal bashing. They are back on but unfinishe=
d. The headlights, the right rear tail light, wiper motor and boot light ar=
e currently not hooked up. I wanted to take the car out for a test run. It =
won&#39;t start, there is no power to the coil.
 =20

 =20
Do the &#39;open&#39; circuits to the lights affect the ignition circuit or=
 should that still work independently of other circuits?

 =20

 =20

 =20
cheers

 =20

 =20
Derek

=20

rdana,Arial,Sans-Serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(255,255,255)">

<pre style=3D"font-size:9pt"><tt>__________________________________________=
_____
am.net/donate.html</a>
Archive: