Re: [Healeys] FW: Toe In

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] FW: Toe In
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 16:36:42 +0200
--===============1875374798788498533==
 boundary="------------030305050906080603030404"

--------------030305050906080603030404

In all out racing and rallying it is not all that important as steering
is more by throttle that by steering wheel and wear is hardly an issue.
However in day to day driving it is fairly importan to save your tires
and  keep the steering from wandering to much.
Kees Oudesluijs

J. Armour schreef op 10-8-2015 om 15:51:

> Subject: Re: [Healeys] Toe In
>
> That great Australian 'works' Healey driver Paul Hawkins after he
> drove Sprites and 3000s at Sebring,LeMans and ther Targa Florio went
> on to be a 'works Porsche and Ford GT driver. He also drove a F.1
> Lotus at Monarco
> Anyway when he drove one of the Porsches he thought it handled badly
> and was not backward in advising the Porsche factory mechanics. Paul
> claimed the wheel alignment was out. Team Porsche said this is
> impossible as it was set at the factory and consquently a mere driver
> should not change it. Hawkins being a hands-on mechanic ( he did own a
> BN.2 in Australia ) said crap and got 4 oil drums and some string and
> his favourite spanner. On completion of the re-alignment he then went
> out and was some seconds faster. Job done.
>
> Moral of the story is 4 corner objects and some string will do it.
>
> For those who have not viewed it take a look at Paul and Timo Makinen
> at work in a 'works' 3000   ABL 92B ( ? ) at the Targa. Some sound
> effects at the beginning and in car footage.
>
> Joe
>

> Roger--
>
> That is the way I set toe on my race cars.  It may not be as precise
> as some of the fancy equipment out there but I think it works within
> the limitations of our cars.
>
> Best--Michael Oritt
>
>     Wonder how critical this toe in really is ?
>     rg
>     67 BJ8
>
>     _______________

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/coudesluijs@chello.nl
>

> Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
> Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com>
> Versie: 2015.0.6125 / Virusdatabase: 4392/10409 - datum van uitgifte:
> 08/10/15

--------------030305050906080603030404

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
      not all that important as steering is more by throttle that by
      steering wheel and wear is hardly an issue. However in day to day
      driving it is fairly importan to save your tires and  keep the
      steering from wandering to much.<br>
      Kees Oudesluijs<br>
      J. Armour schreef op 10-8-2015 om 15:51:<br>
      type="cite">
        charset=US-ASCII">
                          Paul Hawkins after he drove Sprites and 3000s
                          at Sebring,LeMans and ther Targa Florio went
                          on to be a 'works Porsche and Ford GT driver.
                          He also drove a F.1 Lotus at Monarco</div>
                          thought it handled badly and was not backward
                          in advising the Porsche factory mechanics.
                          Paul claimed the wheel alignment was out. Team
                          Porsche said this is impossible as it was set
                          at the factory and consquently a mere driver
                          should not change it. Hawkins being a hands-on
                          mechanic ( he did own a BN.2 in Australia )
                          said crap and got 4 oil drums and some string
                          and his favourite spanner. On completion of
                          the re-alignment he then went out and was some
                          seconds faster. Job done.</div>
                          some string will do it. </div>
                          look at Paul and Timo Makinen at work in a
                          'works' 3000   ABL 92B ( ? ) at the Targa.
                          Some sound effects at the beginning and in car
                          footage.</div>
                              set toe on my race cars.  It may not be as
                              precise as some of the fancy equipment out
                              there but I think it works within the
                              limitations of our cars.</div>
                              Oritt</div>
                                                    critical this toe in
                                                    really is ?</div>
                                _______________</blockquote>
      <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________
href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/forums";>http://www.team.net/forums</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:Healeys@autox.team.net";>Healeys@autox.team.net</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys";>http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

</pre>
        charset=US-ASCII">
        Gecontroleerd door AVG - <a moz-do-not-send="true"
          href="http://www.avg.com";>www.avg.com</a><br>
        Versie: 2015.0.6125 / Virusdatabase: 4392/10409 - datum van
        uitgifte: 08/10/15</p>

--------------030305050906080603030404--