Re: [Healeys] Longbridge head modifications

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Longbridge head modifications
From: Andy Thorp <bce257@yahoo.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2015 11:59:37 -0700
These are air flow numbers measured on a flow bench.

The later head looks like it should be much better than the early one but in
reality the biggest issue is small valves and poor combustion chamber shape,
not the actual gallery. The only place where the stock BN4 head outflows the
later one is at very low lift and this is due to having 30 degree valve seats
which have a larger curtain area than the later 45 degree ones. This makes no
real world difference in horsepower though.

Andy.