Re: [Healeys] Last drive of the season

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Last drive of the season
From: Larry Varley <varley@cosmos.net.au>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 18:03:19 +1100
--===============5209358200921544127==
 boundary="------------060805060800010108030807"

--------------060805060800010108030807

A credit to your workmanship Mike!
Cheers
Larry Varley

On 24/10/2015 11:52 AM, Michael Salter wrote:
> Today, some 44 months from when I started disassembling #174 I finally
> got a chance to give it a decent drive with all those little nagging
> issues resolved.
> I drove about 75 miles on some of the best British sports car roads in
> Canada around the lakes in Muskoka.
> It was a cool but sunny and calm day with the temperature around 7C (44F).
> I can truly say that this was one of the most enjoyable pleasure
> drives of life. Hardly any cars around, well maintained roads without
> the frost heave issues we encounter in spring and beautiful scenery,
> including the odd whitetail deer to test my reflexes.
> #174 performed flawlessly, didn't miss a beat, fantastic ride (we
> older folks appreciate such things) and cool cockpit temperatures.
> I  wish to take this opportunity to thank everyone on this list and
> elsewhere for their very much appreciated help in answering my endless
> stream of questions and helping to finding those very obscure parts
> that such an early Healey requires.
>
> Michael S
> BN1 #174

--------------060805060800010108030807

  <head>
  </head>
    A credit to your workmanship Mike!<br>
    Cheers<br>
    Larry Varley<br>
      wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CAB3i7L+hLef4-QfRWSQQDoEppfpo=NucgakPs9XLz2Nw0UmDzQ@mail.gmail.com"
      type="cite">
          ms,sans-serif;font-size:small">Today, some 44 months from when
          I started disassembling #174 I finally got a chance to give it
          a decent drive with all those little nagging issues resolved.<br>
          ms,sans-serif;font-size:small">I drove about 75 miles on some
          of the best British sports car roads in Canada around the
          lakes in Muskoka. <br>
          ms,sans-serif;font-size:small">It was a cool but sunny and
          calm day with the temperature around 7C (44F).<br>
          ms,sans-serif;font-size:small">I can truly say that this was
          one of the most enjoyable pleasure drives of life. Hardly any
          cars around, well maintained roads without the frost heave
          issues we encounter in spring and beautiful scenery, including
          the odd whitetail deer to test my reflexes.<br>
          ms,sans-serif;font-size:small">#174 performed flawlessly,
          didn't miss a beat, fantastic ride (we older folks appreciate
          such things) and cool cockpit temperatures.<br>
          ms,sans-serif;font-size:small">I  wish to take this
          opportunity to thank everyone on this list and elsewhere for
          their very much appreciated help in answering my endless
          stream of questions and helping to finding those very obscure
          parts that such an early Healey requires.<br>
          ms,sans-serif;font-size:small">Michael S<br>
          ms,sans-serif;font-size:small">BN1 #174<br>

--------------060805060800010108030807--