Re: [Healeys] Stripped bolt

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Stripped bolt
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 21:53:51 -0700
User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/38.1.0 s=q20140121; t=1445835231; bh=s4VSp41JWGDNkqX3TuqVT79xQhw3VrXbnwQEJ7Qm5VQ=; h=Received:Received:Subject:To:From:Message-ID:Date:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=NpTxkBMaP09ozCbMwU2pfvX6/Ua5nz79kAgyHWdQjzUFLMk5H+ygFyTc3/93uwCnz wVZyE06pvSS51tTPKx/+vHWdLRMUZ+ZhpTs6NgwzXWJQjELn3nHTS9/S2n2mx3aoOG wFulg555p0KiSBdwCyFB0aRo86xHykkTPIiHwvSOPYBE9gLbY4DHBMpLL8kFPvRe1q zJIPZJK2dN+2o58nzkT0euqCVvRVBNPvF+LCeCpqf884cpSL2ZRXUk3JMGOOqwwFdv KmgmbakMfEEY9gnPcJt/LeOwNwlXcQJ4UnpIobDK8NzMEvajjpaG96PVs5o3xIZMYi x193Wmg7KLmYw==
--===============6792169911012255925==
 boundary="------------070702080703090009080003"

--------------070702080703090009080003

WRT, the bolt not 'untightening;' are you unable to turn the bolt? Or
does it turn but not back out?

Doesn't sound good either way; if a thread chaser doesn't fix the
problem I'm afraid you'll probably need to install a helicoil (or
similar) when you do get the bad one out.

Bob

On 10/25/2015 9:18 PM, I Erbs wrote:

> Generator plate leaked after I last removed it. Cleaned Right Stuff
> off, used copper gasket sealer. When removing old bolts i realized the
> one above the leak spot was not fitting right. retightening bolts and
> replacing weird one went well. I hand tightened all bolts until firm.
> One upper bolt would not tighten and now it won't untighten either.
> Wanky one was a bottom bolt. Any suggestions for removing bad bolt?
> and clean up the threads ? Shit I'd just like to drive the bugger.
>
> Mr. Ira Erbs

--------------070702080703090009080003

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
    WRT, the bolt not 'untightening;' are you unable to turn the bolt?
    Or does it turn but not back out?<br>
    Doesn't sound good either way; if a thread chaser doesn't fix the
    problem I'm afraid you'll probably need to install a helicoil (or
    similar) when you do get the bad one out.<br>
    Bob<br>
cite="mid:CACPMnYqvaL1bBocqff+yk5R+kyMFLzBXhfO8_Ezc-Npd6ELoRQ@mail.gmail.com"
      type="cite">
        Cleaned Right Stuff off, used copper gasket sealer. When
        removing old bolts i realized the one above the leak spot was
        not fitting right. retightening bolts and replacing weird one
        went well. I hand tightened all bolts until firm. One upper bolt
        would not tighten and now it won't untighten either. Wanky one
        was a bottom bolt. Any suggestions for removing bad bolt? and
        clean up the threads ? Shit I'd just like to drive the bugger. </p>

--------------070702080703090009080003--