Re: [Healeys] Side Vents

To: healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Side Vents
From: richard mayor <boyracer466@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 18:05:34 -0800

--001a113f275c0b51a60524b2f6a6

The under-bonnet situation is that it is a high pressure area....meaning
that a lot of hot air stays in the engine compartment before it moves out.
The ralley vents allow an escape route for that air. That allows more air,
with less back pressure, to enter your radiator and move through the engine
compartment at a faster rate.  It will reduce the air temperature under the
bonnet. Not sure how much you will feel it in your feet but the vents look
cool and your engine will run cooler as well.

I put the vents in my race car 35 years ago to reduce engine temps and it
was very effective.

Richard

On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 2:40 PM, Price Lindsay <050.rpl@gmail.com> wrote:

> Listers -
>
> I've noticed many 3000's with vents added to the front fenders. I am on a
> quest to reduce the heat in the cockpit of my BJ8 (moved to south west
> Florida).
>
> I've added Dynomat to the fire wall, tranny cover, floors and side panels
> - quite a positive difference!  I've inserted a bilge blower in the fresh
> air line with mixed success. I'm probably going to seal off the fresh air
> intake from engine heat, which should help. I disconnected the hot water
> hoses from the heater.
>
> Now I'm wondering, if I added side vents to move hot air from the engine
> compartment would I get additional relief in the cockpit?  I like the looks
> but wouldn't do this if I don't get a good deal of heat reduction in the
> cockpit.
>
> For those that have added side vents, do you feel a heat difference?  Was
> it worth the expense?
>
> Thank you very much for your input.
>
> Price Lindsay
> 67 BJ8
>

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/boyracer466@gmail.com

--001a113f275c0b51a60524b2f6a6

ure area....meaning that a lot of hot air stays in the engine compartment b=
efore it moves out.=C2=A0 The ralley vents allow an escape route for that a=
ir. That allows more air, with less back pressure, to enter your radiator a=
nd move through the engine compartment at a faster rate.=C2=A0 It will redu=
ce the air temperature under the bonnet. Not sure how much you will feel it=
 in your feet but the vents look cool and your engine will run cooler as we=
 Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 2:40 PM, Price Lindsay <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=
=3D"mailto:050.rpl@gmail.com"; target=3D"_blank">050.rpl@gmail.com</a>&gt;</=
span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8e=
x;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Listers -<br>
I&#39;ve noticed many 3000&#39;s with vents added to the front fenders. I a=
m on a quest to reduce the heat in the cockpit of my BJ8 (moved to south we=
st Florida).<br>
I&#39;ve added Dynomat to the fire wall, tranny cover, floors and side pane=
ls - quite a positive difference!=C2=A0 I&#39;ve inserted a bilge blower in=
 the fresh air line with mixed success. I&#39;m probably going to seal off =
the fresh air intake from engine heat, which should help. I disconnected th=
e hot water hoses from the heater.<br>
Now I&#39;m wondering, if I added side vents to move hot air from the engin=
e compartment would I get additional relief in the cockpit?=C2=A0 I like th=
e looks but wouldn&#39;t do this if I don&#39;t get a good deal of heat red=
uction in the cockpit.<br>
For those that have added side vents, do you feel a heat difference?=C2=A0 =
Was it worth the expense?<br>
Thank you very much for your input.<br>
Price Lindsay<br>
67 BJ8<br>