Re: [Healeys] great youtube video

To: Roland Wilhelmy <sentenac.rw@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] great youtube video
From: HealeyRick <healeyrik@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2015 18:02:06 -0500
Cc: Austin Healey list <healeys@autox.team.net>

--001a113a94e00926ba0525a1ccd1

I believe this used to be known as a "Mazola Party,"

On Sat, Nov 28, 2015 at 4:19 PM, <sentenac.rw@gmail.com> wrote:

> Andrew and the List-
>
> Perhaps we can return to talking about cars in general and Healeys in
> particular.
>
> As a start, here is a bit of information I read in this month's Auto
> Restorer magazine.  The article says that when faced with something
> like a Healey's or any LBC's undercarriage coated with dried, hardened
> oil and dirt, instead of trying all of the usual expensive solvents,
> try vegetable oil.  It costs $6 a gallon at Walmart, I am told.  It
> should cost something like that anywhere.  Spray it on from a plastic
> spray bottle, give it time to penetrate and loosen.  Then rub off with
> old towelling (or I guess a burlap sack).  Put some plastic sheeting
> under the car to catch the debris.  No poisonous fumes or skin
> disolving acids.  The vegetable oil will clean the tarry stuff off of
> your hands too if you forget to wear gloves.
>
> Has anyone already tried this?
>
> -Roland

--001a113a94e00926ba0525a1ccd1

8, 2015 at 4:19 PM,  <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:sentenac.rw@gm=
blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px=
 #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Andrew and the List-<br>
Perhaps we can return to talking about cars in general and Healeys in<br>
particular.<br>
As a start, here is a bit of information I read in this month&#39;s Auto<br=

Restorer magazine.=C2=A0 The article says that when faced with something<br=

like a Healey&#39;s or any LBC&#39;s undercarriage coated with dried, harde=
ned<br>
oil and dirt, instead of trying all of the usual expensive solvents,<br>
try vegetable oil.=C2=A0 It costs $6 a gallon at Walmart, I am told.=C2=A0 =
It<br>
should cost something like that anywhere.=C2=A0 Spray it on from a plastic<=
br>
spray bottle, give it time to penetrate and loosen.=C2=A0 Then rub off with=
old towelling (or I guess a burlap sack).=C2=A0 Put some plastic sheeting<b=
r>
under the car to catch the debris.=C2=A0 No poisonous fumes or skin<br>
disolving acids.=C2=A0 The vegetable oil will clean the tarry stuff off of<=
br>
your hands too if you forget to wear gloves.<br>
Has anyone already tried this?<br>
-Roland<br>

--001a113a94e00926ba0525a1ccd1--