Re: [Healeys] Tape

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Tape
From: Tim Davis BN7 <tld6008@mchsi.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 08:57:26 -0500 (EST)
Cc: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
How about carpet tape?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@comcast.net>
To: "Healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Sent: Saturday, November 28, 2015 7:09:27 PM
Subject: [Healeys] Tape

The seam the top front of my hood has split.  I have effected repair
with duct/duck tape, but it doesn't last too long and, of course, looks
cheesy (although it does add a bit of LBC 'charm').  A friend
recommended sail tape, but our local marine supply has shut down
(possibly due to the drought).  The same friend also suggested 'Gorilla
Tape,' but I've found their claims for their glues to be exaggerated.

Suggestions?  The hood is otherwise in splendid shape; just that one
damn seam at the front (which I guess gets subjected to the strongest
wind forces).

TIA,
Bob