Re: [Healeys] [Healey front shocks

To: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] [Healey front shocks
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 18:45:15 -0800
User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/38.4.0 s=q20140121; t=1451357112; bh=B7mBc+J5J6IFoYk5l41AEZTUoeQw5CAJ1oQP+W10Uvo=; h=Received:Received:Subject:To:From:Message-ID:Date:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=Rh3QYWRMkuwZ2r27/eBiFISeeR6aUFtdNMJtgYjlEwOBgwJad2YCaOAAEd9vpHPvZ UcEdzJwdhRFvLEjeKD9Kicg36sspW+0tzhIGbQGKsXY09m23PqvTARPha9TQDhBFWd yh1ZS8GxQJR9ZSCFXRFHJR5/ZtyEakgGwpnuh478WAHMFiAo0woKLZAfiFoEBjmsb/ a25F/LmU/B22iKhSBwbYcT0fF22L6xdDDOMiQurOXhhON8++ZtEFF7WDdaoujh/CAv 8onTziIsXu1fJYgWZlTr8ILmxxmm1DFa7OCXq76nVqQ895BTvP7JJ9cUSVIPxNb6cT rWzskPqaJRj/Q==
I secure dampers by cleaning the threads on the (grade 8) bolt and nut,
putting a (grade 8) flat washer under the head of the bolt and
threadlocker on the threads and torquing all to 35ft-lbs.  Haven't had
one shock bolt come loose in 100K+ miles.  Distributing the load over
the greater surface area of the rigid flatwasher really helps.

Bob