Re: [Healeys] Steering box leak

To: "'Tom Felts'" <tomfelts@windstream.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Steering box leak
From: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 15:22:52 -0000
Cc: 'Healey List' <healeys@autox.team.net>
Not sure you understood my email.
You have to pull the rod into the car in order to access the back of the
trafficator. You don't have to pull all the tube out, just enough to enable one
to unscrew the three BA screws that hold on the trafficator's back plate.
However, in order to pull that much stator tube into the car, one has to undo
the brass nut at the steering box. Once that is done, the oil comes out.
It's a solution to this quandary that I seek.