Re: [Healeys] Windscreen washer issue

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Windscreen washer issue
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2016 17:24:34 +0100
--===============2848457673397500461==
 boundary="------------090208000505030003090001"

--------------090208000505030003090001

There should be a non-return valve between pump and nozzle/jet. m I
think that most pumps have this valve build in.
I presume you have not pump input and output mixed up?
Kees Oudesluijs

Op 1-1-2016 om 16:50 schreef Paul Leeks:
> Happy New Year all
>
> My windscreen washer pump packed up, so I got a new one. However, I
> cannot get the system to work and wonder if I am missing something.
>
> It's a bit difficult to describe, but here goes ...
>
> When all is plumbed in ... washer bottle -> non-return valve -> tube
> -> supply input on pump -> jet output on pump -> tube -> jets ... the
> system doesn't seem to retain water pressure.
>
> The non-return valve seems to be working in keeping the water in the
> tube from the washer bottle to the pump, but the water in the tube
> between the pump and the jets returns back up to the pump when the
> pump plunger returns.  (It works if I block up the jet end of the tube
> when the pump plunger returns, but there's no non-return valve in that
> part of the system?)
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul Leeks
> BN4 100/6
>

> EMAIL DISCLAIMER
> Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and
> not necessarily those of Glasgows.It is intended only for the
> person(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain privileged and/or
> confidential information. Accordingly, the copying, dissemination,
> distribution or use of this message to any other person may constitute
> a breach of civil or criminal law. Please notify the sender
> immediately if you have received this email by mistake and delete it
> from your system. Glasgows is a trading style of R Glasgow &
> Associates Public Relations Limited. Registered in England & Wales No.
> 2257022.

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/coudesluijs@chello.nl
>

> Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
> Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com>
> Versie: 2016.0.7294 / Virusdatabase: 4489/11299 - datum van uitgifte:
> 01/01/16

--------------090208000505030003090001

  <head>
  </head>
      There should be a non-return valve between pump and nozzle/jet. m
      I think that most pumps have this valve build in.<br>
      I presume you have not pump input and output mixed up?<br>
      Kees Oudesluijs<br>
      Op 1-1-2016 om 16:50 schreef Paul Leeks:<br>
cite="mid:CAKv9UdSxkwgWDLknwHLC3OEzOB1y6GLv51ObEGcvTn2V8GTe5w@mail.gmail.com"
      type="cite">
          However, I cannot get the system to work and wonder if I am
          missing something.</div>
          valve -&gt; tube -&gt; supply input on pump -&gt; jet output
          on pump -&gt; tube -&gt; jets ... the system doesn't seem to
          retain water pressure.</div>
          water in the tube from the washer bottle to the pump, but the
          water in the tube between the pump and the jets returns back
          up to the pump when the pump plunger returns.  (It works if I
          block up the jet end of the tube when the pump plunger
          returns, but there's no non-return valve in that part of the
          system?)</div>
        individual and not necessarily those of Glasgows.It is intended
        only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain
        privileged and/or confidential information. Accordingly, the
        copying, dissemination, distribution or use of this message to
        any other person may constitute a breach of civil or criminal
        law. Please notify the sender immediately if you have received
        this email by mistake and delete it from your system. Glasgows
        is a trading style of R Glasgow &amp; Associates Public
        Relations Limited. Registered in England &amp; Wales No.
        2257022.</span>
      <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________
href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/forums";>http://www.team.net/forums</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:Healeys@autox.team.net";>Healeys@autox.team.net</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys";>http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

</pre>
        Gecontroleerd door AVG - <a moz-do-not-send="true"
          href="http://www.avg.com";>www.avg.com</a><br>
        Versie: 2016.0.7294 / Virusdatabase: 4489/11299 - datum van
        uitgifte: 01/01/16</p>

--------------090208000505030003090001--