Re: [Healeys] Shipping Healey to Europe

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Shipping Healey to Europe
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2016 19:32:52 +0100
--===============0928450700441560009==
 boundary="------------050008090509010100090204"

--------------050008090509010100090204

To avoid paying custom fees etc. one should enquire and apply for
permission for a temporary import beforehand to the customs in the
country of arrival. Also make sure the car is technically in order to
meat technical EU standards, e.g. MOT/TüV/APK or whatever it is called
in the various countries.
One should also mention that you will be crossing borders within Europe
so will only have to apply once and not every time you cross a border.
Check with your insurer if you are sufficiently covered. Most countries
will have application forms in English but of course it might be easier
to ship to the UK and travel from there, easy enough with plenty of
ferries across the channel plus a car train under it.
Kees Oudesluijs

  Op 6-2-2016 om 16:43 schreef Randy Hicks:
> Greetings, there are several of us interested in shipping our Healeys
> to Europe for the 2018 5th European Meeting. We are just starting to
> explore the options. We expect to tour after the event.
>
> Those of you who have shipped in or out of Europe, can you recommend a
> cargo company?
>
> Also the port charges, duties and custom fees seem quite expensive. Do
> these change with country/port? and do you have recommended ports that
> are easier to work with than others?
>
> This is new to us so we would appreciate any info you can share and
> will take this off-line going forward.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Randy
>
> Randy Hicks
> Austin Healey Concours Registry Committee
> AHCA 100 Registrar
> www.austinhealey100m.com <http://www.austinhealey100m.com>

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/coudesluijs@chello.nl
>

> Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
> Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com>
> Versie: 2016.0.7357 / Virusdatabase: 4522/11563 - datum van uitgifte:
> 02/05/16

--------------050008090509010100090204

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
      To avoid paying custom fees etc. one should enquire and apply for
      permission for a temporary import beforehand to the customs in the
      country of arrival. Also make sure the car is technically in order
      to meat technical EU standards, e.g. MOT/TüV/APK or whatever it is
      called in the various countries.<br>
      One should also mention that you will be crossing borders within
      Europe so will only have to apply once and not every time you
      cross a border. Check with your insurer if you are sufficiently
      covered. Most countries will have application forms in English but
      of course it might be easier to ship to the UK and travel from
      there, easy enough with plenty of ferries across the channel plus
      a car train under it.<br>
      Kees Oudesluijs<br>
       Op 6-2-2016 om 16:43 schreef Randy Hicks:<br>
      type="cite">
        charset=us-ascii">
      Greetings, there are several of us interested in shipping our
      Healeys to Europe for the 2018 5th European Meeting. We are just
      starting to explore the options. We expect to tour after the
      event.
        can you recommend a cargo company?</div>
        quite expensive. Do these change with country/port? and do you
        have recommended ports that are easier to work with than others?</div>
        you can share and will take this off-line going forward.</div>
                href="http://www.austinhealey100m.com";
class="">www.austinhealey100m.com</a></div>
      <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________
href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/forums";>http://www.team.net/forums</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:Healeys@autox.team.net";>Healeys@autox.team.net</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys";>http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

</pre>
        charset=us-ascii">
        Gecontroleerd door AVG - <a moz-do-not-send="true"
          href="http://www.avg.com";>www.avg.com</a><br>
        Versie: 2016.0.7357 / Virusdatabase: 4522/11563 - datum van
        uitgifte: 02/05/16</p>

--------------050008090509010100090204--