Re: [Healeys] Re - Shipping Healeys to Europe

To: mike brooks <hypercubic@yahoo.co.uk>, "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Re - Shipping Healeys to Europe
From: Tom Felts <tomfelts@windstream.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2016 8:10:22 -0500
Cc: Randy Hicks <healey100m@gmail.com>
FWIW, mine was shipped from US to Antwerp, Belgium.

---- mike brooks <hypercubic@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

=============
Although back in UK now, I spent 14 years USA/Middle East/Italy and during that
time shipped my Healey 100 from Houston Tx to Milano Italy and then on to the
UK. I used Crown International because they really DO have knowledgeable people
based in their offices worldwide and will organise paperwork for you where they
can, and advise what you need to do where they can't. For the US/Italy move,
they put the Healey into a container, built a timber framework round it then
packed our household goods round that. I'm thinking they could do something
similar with several Healeys in a container. Regarding entry ports, much as I
love Italy, I would not recommend going this route due to excessive
bureaucracy. The UK would be more straightforward. I don't know about other
European countries.

Good luck
Mike Brooks'56 BN2'53 Bristol 403Scotland

Reply to: mike.brooks@alumni.warwick.ac.uk