Re: [Healeys] Indicator fault

To: John Rowe <jarowe@westnet.com.au>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Indicator fault
From: richard mayor <boyracer466@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 18:19:41 -0800
Cc: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>

--001a1139da28ddaf4b052cf36575

I have a similar problem but with a different car of the same era, and I
think you just gave me the right answer:  "dig deeper with a wire brush and
emery paper".  Thank you John!

On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 5:18 AM, John Rowe <jarowe@westnet.com.au> wrote:

> Many thanks to all who replied with their wisdom.
>
> It turns out it was a corrosion problem. I just had to dig deeper with the
> wirebrush and emery paper.
>

> The earth connection from the right front indicator light joins the wiring
> harness behind the LHS splash guard under the LHS mudguard.
> Cleaned that connection and VOILA Lucas was back in charge. (If you will
> excuse the pun).
>
> We now have all indicators working correctly but an non working overdrive
> problem to solve.
>
> All these problems after 15 years since a full restoration.
>
> Regards from West OZ
>
> John Rowe
> 1959 3000 #110
>

> On 26/02/2016 9:46 PM, John Rowe wrote:
>
> Hi All
>
> I am looking for some wisdom about an indicator problem. Unfortunately the
> wisdom in my garage is not up to the task.
>
> My left hand indicator works perfectly.
>
> My right hand indicator lights both front and rear lights but does not
> blink.
>
> I have followed the trouble shooting guide in the Workshop Manual but it
> does not cover this situation.
>
> The flasher can appears to be OK as the LHS works normally.
>
> I have connected the RHS wires of the Stop light relay as per the Workshop
> manual trouble shooting guide and there is no change.
>
> I am at a lost at to what the problem is and the appropriate solution.
>
> As all ways any help would be appreciated.
>
> Regards
>
> John Rowe
> Perth
> Western Australia
> 1959 3000 BT7

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/boyracer466@gmail.com

--001a1139da28ddaf4b052cf36575

ame era, and I think you just gave me the right answer:=C2=A0 &quot;dig dee=
per with a wire brush and emery paper&quot;.=C2=A0 Thank you John!<br>=C2=
on, Feb 29, 2016 at 5:18 AM, John Rowe <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mai=
lto:jarowe@westnet.com.au" target=3D"_blank">jarowe@westnet.com.au</a>&gt;<=
/span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8=
ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
 =20
   =20
 =20
    Many thanks to all who replied with their wisdom.<br>
    It turns out it was a corrosion problem. I just had to dig deeper
    with the wirebrush and emery paper.<br>
    The earth connection from the right front indicator light joins the
    wiring harness behind the LHS splash guard under the LHS mudguard.<br>
    Cleaned that connection and VOILA Lucas was back in charge. (If you
    will excuse the pun).<br>
    We now have all indicators working correctly but an non working
    overdrive problem to solve.<br>
    All these problems after 15 years since a full restoration.<br>
    Regards from West OZ<br>
    John Rowe<br>
    1959 3000 #110<br>
     =20
        I am looking for some wisdom about an indicator problem.
        Unfortunately the wisdom in my garage is not up to the task.<br>
        My left hand indicator works perfectly. <br>
        My right hand indicator lights both front and rear lights but
        does not blink.<br>
        I have followed the trouble shooting guide in the Workshop
        Manual but it does not cover this situation.<br>
        The flasher can appears to be OK as the LHS works normally.<br>
        I have connected the RHS wires of the Stop light relay as per
        the Workshop manual trouble shooting guide and there is no
        change.<br>
        I am at a lost at to what the problem is and the appropriate
        solution.<br>
        As all ways any help would be appreciated.<br>
        Regards<br>
        John Rowe<br>
        Perth<br>
        Western Australia<br>