Re: [Healeys] Floor Heat

To: Healeys Help <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Floor Heat
From: Michael MacLean <rrengineer.mike@att.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 04:24:49 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_590613_642312991.1460348689776

OK, I just ordered a Dynamat kit on Amazon along with Dynamat tape and a ro=
ller.=C2=A0 A little over $175.00.=C2=A0 Tomorrow I will go to Home Depot a=
nd buy a roll of Reflectix insulating material.=C2=A0 This will be bonded t=
o the Dynamat with 3M spray adhesive.=C2=A0 I would like to thank the colle=
ctive wisdom of the list for the myriad of suggestions for insulating my bu=
tt from the heat.=C2=A0 I decided to cut the noise down (Dynamat) and go as=
 inexpensive as possible on the heat insulation.=C2=A0 The Refectix was sug=
gested by more than one list member. One member even stated he has been usi=
ng it for years and put it on multiple cars running in over 100 degree ambi=
ent temps to great success.=C2=A0 Good enough for me.=C2=A0 It is regularly=
 over 100 degrees here in San Bernardino in the summer months.=C2=A0 When I=
 retire, if I move to Arizona like I am planning, I don't expect that aspec=
t to change much.=C2=A0 So, this whole job will be around $200 plus labor t=
o complete and I don't think that is too bad if it works out as well as som=
e of you guys say it will. In deference to David Nock's advice, I will be p=
utting this double layer both inside and outside of the tunnel cover.Mike M=
acLean

------=_Part_590613_642312991.1460348689776

ont-family:times new roman, new york, times, serif;font-size:16px"><div id=
=3D"yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1460347343024_12582" dir=3D"ltr">OK, I just ordered a=
 Dynamat kit on Amazon along with Dynamat tape and a roller.&nbsp; A little=
 over $175.00.&nbsp; Tomorrow I will go to Home Depot and buy a roll of Ref=
lectix insulating material.&nbsp; This will be bonded to the Dynamat with 3=
M spray adhesive.&nbsp; I would like to thank the collective wisdom of the =
list for the myriad of suggestions for insulating my butt from the heat.&nb=
sp; I decided to cut the noise down (Dynamat) and go as inexpensive as poss=
ible on the heat insulation.&nbsp; The Refectix was suggested by more than =
one list member. One member even stated he has been using it for years and =
put it on multiple cars running in over 100 degree ambient temps to great s=
uccess.&nbsp; Good enough for me.&nbsp; It is regularly over 100 degrees he=
re in San Bernardino in the summer months.&nbsp; When I retire, if I move t=
o Arizona like I am planning, I don't expect that aspect to change much.&nb=
sp; So, this whole job will be around $200 plus labor to complete and I don=
't think that is too bad if it works out as well as some of you guys say it=
 will. In deference to David Nock's advice, I will be putting this double l=
ayer both inside and outside of the tunnel cover.</div><div id=3D"yui_3_16_=
y></html>
------=_Part_590613_642312991.1460348689776--