Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Tacho Upgrade

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Tacho Upgrade
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2016 18:59:14 -0700
--===============4196394373516591327==
 boundary="------------FC093027674077A7E6D98758"

--------------FC093027674077A7E6D98758

Why?  The original tachs work fine--even with Pertronix Ignitor solid
state 'points'--and can be calibrated.

Now, if someone made an electronic speedometer I'd be all over it.

Bob

On 5/6/2016 8:33 AM, Roger Grace wrote:
> Seriously thinking of getting my moving coil tacho. upgraded to a
> modern stepper motor type movement, retaining the original face and case.
> Speedy Cables in Wales offer this.
> So, wondering (UK listers ?) if anyone has had this done and any
> comments about this type of conversion.
> Are there perhaps any US companies that do this as well ?
> Tkx
> rg

--------------FC093027674077A7E6D98758

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
      solid state 'points'--and can be calibrated.</p>
      it.</p>
      cite="mid:489F479510E94A97B0AC2EB9012CF7DA@WINDOWST93OFP9"
      type="cite">
          COLOR: #000000">
            upgraded to a modern stepper motor type movement, retaining
            the original face and case.</div>
            and any comments about this type of conversion.</div>

--------------FC093027674077A7E6D98758--