Re: [Healeys] HD8 Carb leaking

To: 'Achim Spethmann' <hspethmann@t-online.de>, Healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] HD8 Carb leaking
From: Brian Drab <bgdrab@eastlink.ca>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2016 11:30:55 -0700
Re your leaking carbs:
I experienced this myself and it turned out to be the four screws securing
the diaphram cover at the bottom of the carb had worked themselves loose.
With the use of a mirror and a slotted screw driver I was able to tighten
them up and stopped the leak. It should be noted that one of the screws had
actually fallen out but I was able to tighten the remaining three which
stopped the leak until I got home and found a replacement.
Brian Drab