Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Brakes

To: "Andy Thorp" <bce257@yahoo.co.nz>, "'Healey List'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Brakes
From: "Roger Grace" <roggrace@telus.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2016 10:31:16 -0700
Importance: Normal t=1467567082; bh=OZ/Yw4T+3B/MWF+8sMOwSXqIV8pW5WjErvPqhOErHF8=; h=Message-ID:Reply-To:From:To:References:In-Reply-To:Subject:Date: MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=XDa68Y2kaF50mroQtE9Dz+5uayPpp44M1fqnpKwZ3Z28AEof6atzNdP62XZEAwbV7 CFmV6+bKULS/MnDb+WOHe+iYyqX3c7XnhWZp8/gl8bKO4LYqxe1lNDqXqNhl1ZSPFX dn5iDrCKNxBVd2Pg9xmUUwaghlxKZ9ciZ6Ydb94KqpOdUdu9QErGtfGAA46TnnrXy+ yTd9UD9j6nfeUIicLIAiA5Czt4HnCOx7XXWCE3fvqLNaKhNHLFDWYu9iIFCyuQABLs p0sJjRcJoo7AzM90zS4L940r38aXWW7ANEqdKlK6KQ+xAZO7zRhg8HYT/4pbYavjAX Ags8EWMzp0Qyw==
Yes these are the beasts. Thanks for that Andy and to all for numerous
ideas.
Yes, and given all the bleeding have done it hopefully is the issue.
This morning I took 3/4 of a jam jar (almost a reservoir) of fluid out of
each wheel; minimal air came out using a vacuum pump.
Some minor improvement and pedal now about an inch from floor on first pump
and car is ... maybe driveable.
As I don't have a helper have to use this technique; it took but 10 mins to
bleed when I recently changed out my booster; have also ordered some
Russell Speed Bleeders.

Not quite sure how to address this reverse bleeding procedure that Andy
suggests.
I have a vacuum pump that have been using to bleed with and it does not
involve any pedal pumping.
Was thinking of trying to suck from the booster bleeder, from each calliper
in turn -
any thoughts ?

Tkx
rg