[Healeys] I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack ...

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack ...
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2016 15:11:38 -0700
This is sort of the ubiquitous 'test' messages; I got bumped off this
list for some reason--I'm not THAT ednoxious--and I just now started to
receive recent messages so I hope to stay.

And now, a question: What's the List take on aluminium sumps? They sound
like a good, easily-reversible mod and my steel pan has taken it's lumps
(dents, actually).  Any cooling effect would be an added, though
probably subjective, bonus.  But, I'm concerned that, were I to
high-center the pan somehow or hit a rock, the pan could fracture where
a steel pan might just get another dent. Anyone have this happen to
them?  DW sells a 'low-profile' pan that might all but eliminate that
risk, but might also reduce capacity.

Anyone got an Al pan?  What's your take?

TIA,

Bob