Re: [Healeys] Sloppy clutch fork

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>, Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Sloppy clutch fork
From: Bob Haskell <rchaskell@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 04:39:03 -0400
Bob,

Back in the day when team.net had a web site, I had a page that showed
how I replaced the shaft and the bushing.  I see on the Moss page you
sent that they sell a repair kit with the bushes, shaft and taper pin.
If you go that route, you might ask Moss if you need a (number 2)
tapered reamer to finish the hole in the shaft that the pin goes in.

Remove the bellhousing from the gearbox.  The taper pin is pushed out
from the gearbox side.  There's a hole in the bellhousing that you can
insert a drift/punch through.  Unscrew the brass screw at the end of the
shaft.  Use a slide hammer screwed into the end of the shaft (1/4"-28)
to remove the shaft from the fork.  Use a 5/8" diameter drift with a
1/2" pilot to remove the bushings.

If the tapered pin is stuck, I wouldn't suggest using any heat.  There
are two plastic washers on either side of the clutch fork.  Moss refers
to them as thrust washers (#19).

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
AHCA 3000 MkI registrar