Re: [Healeys] Steering box

To: healeys@autox.team.net <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Steering box
From: "Steve B. Gerow" <steveg@abrazosdata.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 13:12:44 -0800
I don't think it will fly apart, but what worked for me was to substitute two
of the bolts on the front plate with longer bolts, then remove the two other
bolts. Gently pry the front plate and whatever shims loose and move out  1/2"
or so. Any fluid will then leak out without you losing any bits. If no fluid,
then well it's a British car and there's no fluid in there.

--
Steve Gerow
Altadena, CA