Re: [Healeys] Non-Healey question.

To: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Non-Healey question.
From: ggilliam@usol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 06:58:09 -0400
Cc: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>

--=_a3faf5fa7a4672e7d38f48be8a99fcf4

Chris,

All that Alan said is true, but there is also a very good Packard owners
organization who are very active and helpful, and often have leads to
those missing parts, often made of unobtanium, and the knowledge to
accomplish the restoration.

It would be a challenge, but could be do-able....my opinion....

Gordy

Longbridge BN4...same situation existed when I bought it as a basket
case in 1970....

On 10/18/2016 03:43, Alan Seigrist wrote:

> Chris -
>
> Generally speaking for US cars of the era, you can't really get the plethora
> of brightwork and parts for them, whatever pieces you need either need to be
> reworked or restored individually.  Because of this, I would counsel not to
> get a car that isn't at least 90 - 95% complete with exterior and interior
> decorative parts.  You can't go to your mail order supplier and get all the
> parts you need like an AH.  That said there is quite a bit of stuff out
> there, just not everything like an AH.
>
> Engine, drivetrain, etc., are all easily serviced through specialty
> suppliers.  wiring can be done but will be expensive.
>
> That's a general view of it.
>
> Alan
>
> On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 8:36 AM, Chris Scholz <drscholz@visioncenterpc.com>
> wrote:
>
>> This is an odd question but I see so much automobile knowledge on this email
>> list that I would like to ask if anyone is familiar with the 1953 Packard
>> Caribbean convertible?   Only 750 were made.  It was based off the 1952
>> concept car.  I have almost finished the nut and bolt restoration of my '59
>> 100-6 and have always liked the '53 Packard and have browsed around at a
>> few.   There are some for sale that need a lot of work for $10,000.  Fully
>> restored models go for six figures.  There is so much intelligence on this
>> email list that I feel someone has experience with Packards and how hard it
>> is to get parts for  these.  Still love the lines of my big Healey more than
>> any other.
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>> Chris Scholz OD
>>
>> Unsubscribe/Manage:
>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/healey.nut@gmail.com [3]

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/ggilliam@usol.com

Links:
------
[1] http://www.team.net/donate.html
[3] http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/healey.nut@gmail.com
--=_a3faf5fa7a4672e7d38f48be8a99fcf4

=3DUTF-8" /></head><body style=3D'font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana,Gen=
eva,sans-serif'>
 organization who are very active and helpful, and often have leads to thos=
e missing parts, often made of unobtanium, and the knowledge to accomplish =
the restoration.</p>
e in 1970....</p>
px solid; margin: 0"><!-- html ignored --><!-- head ignored --><!-- meta ig=
nored -->
ethora of brightwork and parts for them, whatever pieces you need either ne=
ed to be reworked or restored individually.&nbsp; Because of this, I would =
counsel not to get a car that isn't at least 90 - 95% complete with exterio=
r and interior decorative parts.&nbsp; You can't go to your mail order supp=
lier and get all the parts you need like an AH.&nbsp; That said there is qu=
ite a bit of stuff out there, just not everything like an AH.</div>
ppliers. &nbsp;wiring can be done but will be expensive. &nbsp;</div>
pan>&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:drscholz@visioncenterpc.com";>drscholz@visioncente=
 1px #ccc solid; padding-left: 1ex;">This is an odd question but I see so m=
uch automobile knowledge on this email list that I would like to ask if any=
one is familiar with the 1953 Packard Caribbean convertible?&nbsp; &nbsp;On=
ly 750 were made.&nbsp; It was based off the 1952 concept car.&nbsp; I have=
 almost finished the nut and bolt restoration of my '59 100-6 and have alwa=
ys liked the '53 Packard and have browsed around at a few.&nbsp; &nbsp;Ther=
e are some for sale that need a lot of work for $10,000.&nbsp; Fully restor=
ed models go for six figures.&nbsp; There is so much intelligence on this e=
mail list that I feel someone has experience with Packards and how hard it =
is to get parts for&nbsp; these.&nbsp; Still love the lines of my big Heale=
rt Team.Net <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html";>http://www.team.net=
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archiv=
aleys@autox.team.net</a><br /> <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/lis=
ions/healeys/healey.nut@gmail.com">http://autox.team.net/mailman/<wbr />opt=