Re: [Healeys] Replacing steering wheel on 100

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>, Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Replacing steering wheel on 100
From: michael.salter@gmail.com
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 13:43:53 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_3581_223294452.1480513433500

Sorry hit send before finishing...

Yep....that is pretty much what you have to do.

It is possible to install the switch assembly onto the stator tube without
pulling the tube out entirely but IMHO it really doesn't save a lot of work.

Michael S

BN1 #174

On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 7:59 AM -0500, "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@comcast.net>
wrote:

I'm dying to install my new Lempert wheel on my BN2.  As far as I can
tell, this requires draining the steering box, undoing the olive,
detaching the trafficator wires and pulling the stator tube all the way
out.  Anybody know a better way?

Bob

------=_Part_3581_223294452.1480513433500

25px; margin-bottom: 25px; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color:
black; background-color: white ">Sorry hit send before finishing... <br>
Yep....that is pretty much what you have to do. <br>
It is possible to install the switch assembly onto the stator tube without
pulling the tube out entirely but IMHO it really doesn't save a lot of work.<br>
Michael S <br>
BN1 #174<br></p>

solid;padding-left:1ex">

<pre>I'm dying to install my new Lempert wheel on my BN2.  As far as I can
tell, this requires draining the steering box, undoing the olive,
detaching the trafficator wires and pulling the stator tube all the way
out.  Anybody know a better way?

Bob

</pre>

------=_Part_3581_223294452.1480513433500--