[Healeys] Existential Question on Bearings

Subject: [Healeys] Existential Question on Bearings
From: greylinn at ozemail.com.au (Peter & Veronica)
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 19:07:06 +1000
...something else to be careful of with front wheel bearings on BN1s which
have ball rather than roller bearings: They are a special type of ball
bearing - angular thrust bearings - which are able to deal with the forces
induced by cornering. They have a bigger cage lip on one side and are marked
"thrust" on one face - these faces have to go towards the cone shaped spacer
between the bearings. At least one supplier here in Oz who should know
better sells regular ball bearings as wheel bearings (the ones I got were in
packages labelled "Triumph TR6 overdrive annulus" Norman Nock wrote one of
his tech tips on this subject.

Peter Linn
Brisbane